Appliance Therapy in Today’s Digital Environment
January 12, 2023 @ 8:00 am - January 13, 2023 @ 5:00 pm PST$1,145.00 – $1,495.00
MasterTrack Session 3 - Days 1 & 2
Delivery: In-Person Lecture & Hands-On
Presenter: Dr. Gary DeWood
Location: Washington AGD Global Education Center
Subject Codes: 780 – Esthetics/Cosmetic Dentistry (8.0 hours), 180 – Occlusion Participation (8.0 hours)
Credit Hours: 16.0
Light breakfast, lunch, parking, all hands-on materials are provided for in-person attendees.
Lecture & Hands-On:
- AGD Member Dentists: $1,295
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $1,495
- AGD Member Student: $1,145
Most clinicians are familiar with the concepts of Global Diagnosis and Facially Generated Treatment Planning. These follow a thought process of Airway, Esthetics, Function, Structure, and Biology that provides powerful tools to assess, and to treatment plan any patient.
Dr. Gary DeWood has taught these concepts to thousands and will be providing a two-day hands-on workshop for the 2022-2023 Washington AGD Master Track. Dr. DeWood’s infectious energy and clear teaching style leaves participants excited and ready to apply concepts immediately upon returning to their practice. Prepare for an educational experience that will leave you motivated and able to take your diagnosis and treatment planning to the next level.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Apply highly individualized analysis and treatment planning based on a focus and flow that has been proven over more than 40 years.
- Help patients see the importance and value of including airway observations and analysis in their dental evaluation, plan airway directed treatment when appropriate, and know when treatment must be planned airway aware.
- Transfer esthetic and functional information to an articulator (analog OR digital) and design the desired occlusion using mounted models and photographs.
- Select the appropriate appliance based on diagnosis and desired outcome.
- Evaluate the possibilities in scanning, digitally designing, and printing dental
Dr. Gary DeWood lives in Phoenix with his wife of 44 years, Dr. Cheryl DeWood. A native of Toledo, Ohio, Gary earned his D.D.S. from Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland in 1980, completed the University of Florida Facial Pain Center Curriculum from 1992 through 1995, and in 2004 earned a Master of Science degree at The University of Toledo College of Medicine. He left full-time private practice in 2003 to serve as clinical director at The Pankey Institute, a position he held until 2008 when he joined Frank Spear in Seattle as the president of Frank’s education company, The Seattle Institute. As a founding member of Spear Education, formed by the merger of The Scottsdale Center and The Seattle Institute, he relocated to Arizona in 2009 as Executive Vice-President for curriculum and clinical education. Today he serves as Executive Vice-President for Spear Education. He maintains a limited private practice on the Spear campus, teaches in Spear workshops, Spear Online, Spear Study Clubs, and in Spear Practice Solutions.
Gary has presented to international audiences in the areas of occlusion, temporo-mandibular disorders, bite splint therapy, restorative dentistry, esthetics, financial management, and practice management.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024