- This event has passed.
Clinical Implantology from A-Z (2020-2021)
September 25, 2020 @ 8:00 am - September 27, 2020 @ 5:00 pm PDT$22500 – $26750
Live Surgery and Hands-on Courses
“Participants can register for individual sessions or the whole program”
Perform surgeries on your patients with one on one surgical supervision”
Implant Course Director: Dr. Alan Yassin
(Purchase of any implant system is NOT required)
We are proud to offer the first, local, 10 individual sessions course; a hands-on and live surgery training, where you can learn from our highly skilled faculty members, gaining an in-depth experience in implantology to bring your surgical and clinical skills in implant dentistry to the next level.
Participants can register in individual sessions depending on their level in implant dentistry, or to register in all sessions as whole program. The course runs from September 2020 through June 2021 at WA AGD Seattle center. Each in-house module will be 3 days per month and participants will learn about and practice with multiple implant systems through 300 CE hours.
Day 1 Friday is reserved for didactic (lecture) material from Dr. Yassin or a guest lecturer, Day 2 Saturday morning is a hands-on experience with either models or pig jaws, in addition to the opportunity of observing an afternoon live patient surgery performed by Dr. Yassin. Day 3 Sunday is reserved for participants performing the live patient surgeries (limited to 10) with Dr. Yassin (one-on-one). Dr. Yassin will either assist the participant or vice versa (Patients must be supplied from participants).
Module 1: September 2020, 25th-26th-27th
- Introduction to Implant Dentistry
- “Basics of Surgical & Restorative Proficiency”
Module 2: October 2020, 23rd-24th-25th
- Fundamentals of Oral & Periodontal Surgical Skills
- “Incision & Flap Design, Flap Management, Suturing Techniques”
Module 3: November 2020, 13th-14th-15th
- Treatment Planning & Case Evaluation in Implant Dentistry
- “The Interdisciplinary Approach for Success”
Module 4: December 2020, 4th-5th-6th
- Basics of Bone Grafting in Implant Dentistry
- “Minimally Traumatic Extraction and Ridge Preservation”
Module 5: January 2021, 22nd-23rd-24th
- Digital Implant Dentistry
- “Computer-Guided Work Flow in Dental Implantology”
Module 6: February 2021, 26th-27th-28th
- Soft Tissue Management in Implant Dentistry
- “Basic and Advanced Soft Tissue Grafting Techniques”
Module 7: March 2021, 26th-27th-28th
- Implants in the Esthetic Zone
- “Surgical and Restorative Principles in the Anterior Maxilla”
Module 8: April 2021, 9th-10th-11th
- Advanced Bone Grafting and Sinus Lifting
- “Vertical and Horizontal Ridge Augmentation and Sinus Floor Augmentation”
Module 9: May 2021, 14th-15th-16th
- Full Arch Solutions in Implant Dentistry
- Treatment Planning, Restorative, and Surgical Approaches
Module 10: June 2021, 4th-5th-6th
- Complications in Implant Dentistry
- “Surgical and Restorative Challenges in Both Early and Delayed Stages”
Meet Our Clinical Director:
Alan Yassin DDS MS MSD
- Course Director, WA AGD Clinical Implantology Program
- Periodontist and Oral Surgeon
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology eligibility
- Fellow, International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, German Board in Oral Implantology DGZI
- Clinical Instructor/University of Washington
Dr. Yassin is dual trained dentist in both Periodontics and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
He received his master’s degree in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in 2006 and his second master’s degree in Periodontics in 2017 from the University of Washington in Seattle.
Dr. Yassin attended a German dental implant training program with the German Association of Dental Implantology DGZI; leading to become a diplomate in the German Board of Oral Implantology GBOI.
Since his graduation from the Dental School at the University of Aleppo in 2001, Dr. Yassin has been practicing dentistry and oral surgery in private practices, hospitals and academic institutions. Currently, he is practicing periodontics and implant dentistry in Seattle.
Besides his outstanding academic and clinical skills, Dr. Yassin is also committed to his passion for teaching, sharing expertise with his students and colleagues. From serving as a clinical attending in the Oral Surgery Departments at Damascus Hospitals for 5 years, to his recent position as affiliate faculty at the Periodontics Department of the University of Washington, Dr. Yassin lectures on esthetics and advanced implant surgery at national and international conferences and symposiums, in addition to extensive online courses and webinars.
- 10 individual sessions covering all levels in implant dentistry (September through June)
- 3 days per 1 session (Friday-Saturday-Sunday)
- 300 continuing dental education hours for the whole program.
- Maximum of 30 participants per session
- Maximum of 10 one-on-one live surgeries on the third day.
- Introduction and opportunity to place different implant systems.
- Purchase of any implant system is NOT required.
- Doctors are strongly encouraged to operate on their own patients.
- Close surgical supervision from our experienced faculty members and mentors.
- 5 high-end dental clinics at the WA AGD facility located near the Sea-Tac airport.
- Opportunity to assist, witness and perform different implant cases and share experiences with mentors and colleagues during the treatment process.
- Evidence-based clinical approach.
- Comprehensive interdisciplinary treatment planning approach
- Pursue a highly recognized AGD PACE implant dentistry training.
- Out of state dentists are eligible to obtain a provisional educational license
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024
CE Credits will be issued for Verified Attendance at the WAGD/CARDP Ongoing Webinars
The Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontic is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual activities or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics designates this activity CE for the WAGD/CARDP CE Portal Webinar Series. WAGD CE, online Lecture Webinars providing 1 to 3 hours each of continuing education credits. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.