- This event has passed.
Complete Dentures: Essential Knowledge and Skills to Produce Excellent Complete Denture Care
September 17, 2021 @ 8:00 am - September 18, 2021 @ 5:00 pm PDT$100.00 – $1,180.00
MasterTrack Session 1 - Days 2 & 3
Delivery: In-Person Lecture & Hands-On or Virtual Workshop
Location: Washington AGD Global Education Center
Lecture & Hands-On:
- AGD Member Dentists: $980
- + Staff: $300 per person
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $1,180
- + Staff: $500 per person
- UWSOD AGD Members: $198
- UWSOD Non-AGD Members: $300
Virtual Viewing Lecture Only:
- AGD Member Dentists: $398
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $598
- Staff: $350
- UWSOD AGD Members: $100
- UWSOD Non-AGD Members: $180
Subject Codes: 670 – Removable Prosthodontics; 690 – Implants
Credit Hours: 16.0
Light breakfast, lunch, parking, all hands-on materials are provided for in-person attendees.
The success of a complete denture prostheses depends on a myriad of factors and clinical conditions. Various variables and techniques can compromise the clinical results and patient’s satisfaction when treating an edentulous patient. Therefore, understanding the basic fundamentals of complete dentures and the appropriate clinical procedures can lead to a successful outcome. In addition, dentistry has fully embraced the digital age and its integration into one of the oldest treatments in dentistry is proof that it is here to stay. Computer-aided design and computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) of complete dentures was introduced following the success of CAD/CAM in implant and fixed prosthodontics. CAD/CAM complete dentures have seen exponential growth in the dental market with the number of commercially available CAD/CAM denture systems growing every year. Interest in CAD/CAM has also been affected by a reduction in the number of dental laboratory technicians with extensive experience and expertise with traditional fabrication processes. The objectives of this course are to review the analogue and digital workflow of complete dentures, experience them on a live patient and address the clinical procedures that can lead to a successful outcome.
- Diagnosis and diagnosing difficulty
- Principles and procedures to optimize complete denture impressions
- Review methods of measuring the rest position, occlusal vertical dimension, and obtain a centric relation record for traditional and CAD/CAM dentures
- Understand the principles of complete denture occlusion
- Learn the clinical and fabrication procedures associated with 2 or 3-appointment workflow for the CAD/CAM dentures in order to organize and implement a simplified but high-quality removable prosthodontic service in a contemporary busy dental practice
- Single out the materials and different options available for the fabrication of traditional and CAD/CAM complete dentures
- Discuss how the removable digital workflow benefits both the dental technician and the clinician
- Learn the necessary tool to communicate with the laboratory technician
- Placement and post-placement of CAD/CAM complete dentures
DMD, MSD, FACP
Dr. Baba received his DMD degree from the University of Montreal in 1996. He completed a Certificate in Advanced Graduate Studies in Prosthodontics and a Masters degree in Restorative Sciences in Prosthodontics from Boston University School of Dentistry in 1999. Dr. Baba serves as a Professor in the Advanced Education program in Prosthodontics at Loma Linda University School of Dentistry, an Adjunct Professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center School of Dentistry in the Comprehensive Dentistry Department, and maintains a part-time private practice in Glendale, CA. He is currently the President of the American College of Prosthodontists and an active member of various professional organizations and a Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics and a Fellow of the American College of Prosthodontists and the Academy of Prosthodontics. He is also the Associate Editor for the Aesthetics/Prosthetics/Restorative section at the Journal of Dental Traumatology and a reviewer for the Journal of Prosthodontics and the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry.
Dr. Baba has received several honors and awards including: The David J. Baraban Award from Boston University, the Claude R. Baker Faculty award for Excellence in Teaching Predoctoral Fixed prosthodontics in 2009 from the AAFP, and the California dental Association Arthur A. Dugoni Faculty award in 2010.
He is the author of numerous publications and has recently published a book entitled “Restoration of Endodontically treated teeth: evidence based diagnosis and treatment Planning” and has lectured nationally and internationally.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024