- This event has passed.
Crown Preparation 101: From Analog to Digital with Dr. Timothy Hess
October 17 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm PDT$50.00 – $450.00
Instructor: Timothy Hess, DDS, MAGD
Location: Washington AGD Educational Center, 19415 International Blvd, #410, SeaTac, WA 98188
Time: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM: Lunch is Provided
- $50 UWSOD AGD Members
- $95 Non-UWSOD AGD Students
- $290 AGD Member Dentists
- $450 Non-AGD Dentist
Credit Hours: 7 Subject Code: 610 Pros
****UWSOD DENTAL STUDENTS: PLEASE BRING YOUR LOUPES*****
Crown Preparation 101: From Analog to Digital is a hands-on course that attempts to create a logical workflow from seating the patient through buildup, preparation, impression/scan, provisional and finally releasing the patient. By developing a systematic approach, we create efficiency which will turn the four visit crown preparation & final seat, into a comfortable two visits!
1) Introduce the student or “newer” dentist to a logical crown preparation workflow for both traditional impressions and digital scanning.
2) Teach evaluation of the “big picture”; what are the parameters we need to consider when planning a buildup and crown.
3) Streamline crown preparation times with guidelines and efficient rotary instrumentation including the use of electric handpieces.
4) Introduction of sonic instrumentation to create ideal draw and glass smooth margins.
5) Illustrate tissue management protocols from packing cord, retraction paste and laser.
6) Digital workflow to obtain ideal margins and clearance.
7) Provisionalization options and guidelines.
This course is targeted towards 2nd, 3rd and 4th year dental students and the “newer” graduate. This course is based on years of clinical experience and observation of students. Discussion will include patient management strategies.
Experienced clinicians may find this course “too basic” for them but very appropriate for their young associate.
Participants will perform at least one posterior and one anterior crown preparations. Other topics including dental materials and sonic instrumentation will be presented as time and the will of the group allows.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024