“Live Virtual Hands-On: Oral Surgery for the General Dentist” with Dr. Karl Koerner
October 9 @ 8:00 am - October 10 @ 5:00 pm PDT$895.00
Presenter: Karl R. Koerner, DDS, MS
Subject Code: 310
Credit Hours: 16 (Lecture & Participation)
Method: Online Interactive Virtual Workshop
Location: Zoom “Live Virtual Meeting” one on one with Dr. Karl Koerner. All Hands-On Materials will be shipped directly to your home or office!
Virtual Workshop Access:
- This virtual workshop will be available in the Washington AGD Learning Portal.
- Log in at https://washingtonagd.org/my-account/
- Click ‘My Courses’ from the Account Dashboard
Many extractions look easy but can soon become difficult, time-consuming, and lead to problems. This course reviews the best techniques and instruments to remove “surgical” extractions easily and quickly while conserving bone. It makes exodontia more enjoyable and predictable so it can be performed with greater confidence and less stress.
Along with surgical extractions, it covers multiple extractions and ridge preparation for immediate dentures, avoiding or managing common surgical complications such as sinus misadventures, excessive bleeding, and tuberosity fractures. Also included is predictable socket bone grafting and other related topics as time permits.
As a result of attending this course you will be able to:
- More easily do “surgical” or difficult extractions that frequently occur in general practice.
- Be more proficient at ridge preparation for immediate dentures.
- Prevent and/or manage complications that can occur during oral surgery such as bleeding, sinus problems, etc.
- Perform predictable socket bone grafting.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024