- This event has passed.
Occlusion and Appliance Therapy for Predictable Diagnosis and Treatment Planning
November 19, 2021 @ 8:00 am - November 20, 2021 @ 5:00 pm PST$50.00 – $590.00
MasterTrack Session 2 - Days 2 & 3
Delivery: In-Person Lecture & Hands-On or Virtual Workshop
Location: Washington AGD Global Education Center
Lecture & Hands-On:
- AGD Member Dentists: $980
- + Staff: $300 per person
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $1,180
- + Staff: $500 per person
- UWSOD AGD Members: $198
- UWSOD Non-AGD Members: $300
Virtual Viewing Lecture Only:
- AGD Member Dentists: $398
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $598
- Staff: $350
- UWSOD AGD Members: $100
- UWSOD Non-AGD Members: $180
Subject Codes: 730 – Oral Medicine, Oral Diagnosis, Pathology; 180 – Occlusion
Credit Hours: 16.0
Light breakfast, lunch, parking, all hands-on materials are provided for in-person attendees.
This two-day hands-on workshop will provide the practitioner with the knowledge and experience to become more confident and competent understanding existing occlusion, optimal occlusion and identify and record the gap between them for each patient.
It will review the rationalization, design, and therapy for assessing common signs and symptoms that many patients experience, which most often affect occlusion and planning for predictable restorative treatment. Philosophy, design and adjustment technique will be covered and help the restorative dentist become more confident and competent diagnosis and treating a wider variety of patients.
In this workshop participants will experience the following:
- Understand the systematic steps to treatment plan every patient
- Use photographs provided by Dr. Kwiecien to begin treatment planning for several patients
- Use models provided by Dr. Kwiecien to experience the systematic process of using wax or composite with intention to create optimal function and esthetics
- Create strategies to integrate and lead desired changes
- Gather necessary data, including bite records in a fully-seated condylar position
- Deliver and adjust a full arch appliance on another participant and have one delivered and adjusted to take home
Dr. Kwiecien graduated from Oregon Health and Science University School of Dentistry in 1995 and holds a master’s degree in healthcare administration. He has more than 25 years of private practice experience with most of those years overlapping in academia.
Before joining Spear Education full-time from 2014 – 2017, Dr. Kwiecien served as assistant professor of restorative dentistry at Oregon Health and Sciences University School of Dentistry where his roles included director of the university’s faculty dental practice, as well as course director of pre-clinical fixed prosthodontics and co-course director of advanced restorative concepts. Dr. Kwiecien’s dedication to highlevel continuing education began with Dr. Frank Spear in 2001. Shortly thereafter, he completed the curriculum at the L.D. Pankey Institute. He has over a decade of national and international lecturing and workshops. Dr. Kwiecien is an adjunct faculty member at Western University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine, directing the practice management curriculum. He also serves as faculty member at the L.D. Pankey Institute and dedicates the majority of his time as the owner of K Squared Facilitation and Dental Education, facilitating long-term health for the practice, team, and patient.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024