Periodontal Plastic Surgery & Soft Tissue Management – Module 6 Clinical Implantology A-Z Program
February 4 @ 8:00 am - February 6 @ 5:00 pm PST$800.0 – $3950.00
MODULE 6, Clinical Implantology A-Z Program:
Periodontal Plastic Surgery & Soft Tissue Management
Basic and Advanced Soft Tissue Grafting Techniques
FEBRUARY 2022, 4th, 5th, 6th
Program Director: Dr. Alan Yassin
Guest Speakers: Dr. Paul Rosen, Dr. Omid Moghaddas
Credit Hours: 24
Subject Code: 690 Implants
The course will take place on three days with a full day of lecture, full day of hands-on and surgeries, and a third day with live surgeries.
Day 1 Friday, February 4th, 2022 | 8 am – 5 pm
- Lecture by our guest speaker Drs. Rosen and Moghaddas
- Treatment Planning Seminar to be presented by Implantology A to Z full-time participants
Day 2 Saturday, February 5th, 2022 | 7 am – 5 pm
- Morning session hands-on exercises on pig jaws: Implant placement with simultaneous soft tissue grafting with Acellular Dermal Matrix. Free gingival graft technique. Connective tissue graft technique. Second stage surgery. Root coverage surgery.
- Therapy seminar to be presented by Implantology A to Z full-time participants.
- Afternoon session for observation of a live surgery performed by Dr. Alan Yassin.
Day 3 Sunday, February 6th, 2022 | 7 am – 5 pm
- Live surgeries performed by full time Implantology A to Z participants ONLY
- Part time participants are welcomed to observe the surgeries
- One on one supervision by Dr. Alan Yassin and the clinical instructors
Register for Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 (Must attend Day 1 and Day 2 in order to observe live surgeries on day 3)
- AGD Member Dentist: $2,500
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $3,950
- Zoom Meeting Day 1 Only: $800
- Dentists will gain a better knowledge on indications for soft tissue augmentation around natural teeth and implants.
- Participants will be able to evaluate and treatment plan soft tissue grafting.
- Vestibular approach technique and its applications in implant dentistry and root coverage.
- Learn about the available soft tissue augmentation techniques and armamentarium.
- Practicing connective tissue grafts and free gingival grafts techniques on pig jaws.
- Observe the surgical tips from the live surgery performed by Dr. Yassin and the full time participants.
Dr. Alan Yassin
Implantology Program Director
Alan Alaa Yassin
DDS, MS, MSD
- Program Director, Clinical Implantology from A to Z.
- Periodontist and Oral Surgeon
- Fellow, International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, German Board of Oral Implantology DGZI
- Affiliate Clinical Assistant Professor/University of Washington
Dr. Yassin is a dual trained dentist in both Periodontics and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
He attained his dental degree in 2001 from Aleppo University before receiving 4 years of extensive Oral and Maxillofacial training at Damascus Hospital! His specialty training in periodontology, along with his Master of Science in oral science was attained from the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.
Dr. Yassin is a Fellow of the International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and a Diplomat of the German Board of Oral Implantology DGZI. He has several publications and articles in refereed and in peer-reviewed journals; he also serves as a reviewer in many academic journals.
Dr. Yassin holds a teaching position at the University of Washington as an affiliate clinical assistant professor. He is also the Program Director and founder of the Implantology program of the Washington Academy of General Dentistry since 2018, in addition he actively lectures at national and international conferences and symposiums on the subject of implants and advanced esthetics/periodontal plastic surgery, in addition to rigorous online courses and webinars. He has a private practice limited to periodontics, oral surgery, and implant dentistry in Seattle, Washington.
DMD, MS, PC
Dr. Paul Rosen maintains full-time private practices in both Yardley, Pennsylvania and New York, New York limited to periodontics, surgical implant placement and regenerative therapy. He also has appointments as Clinical Professor of Periodontics at the University of Maryland Dental School and Adjunct Professor at James Cook University Dental School in Cairns, Australia. Dr. Rosen is a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology and has served as an Examiner for the oral examination of the Board. He has served on a number of committees for the American Academy of Periodontology including chairing a task force that has authored a white paper titled, “Peri-Implant Mucositis and Peri-Implantitis: A Current Understanding of Their Diagnoses and Clinical Implications” which appeared in April, 2014 in the Journal of Periodontology. He is a reviewer for and serves on the editorial advisory boards for a number of dental journals. Dr. Rosen has authored/co-authored a number of articles on periodontal regeneration, implants and interrelated orthodontic-periodontal care and lectured both nationally and internationally on the subjects of dental implants and regeneration for both teeth and dental implants.
Dr. Rosen is honored to have been awarded a number of prestigious awards including the American Academy of Periodontology’s Master Clinician Award in 2015, the Northeastern Society of Periodontists Isidor Hirschfeld Award for Clinical Excellence in 2016, and the Distinguished Alumnus Award for Professional Achievement from the University of Maryland Dental School in 2020.
- Board Certified Periodontist
- Assistant Professor, Department of Periodontology, Tehran Azad University
- Fellowship in Implantology from State University of New York
- President and Founder of International Symposium of Complications in Implant Dentistry
- DentalXP Expert
- Master degree from ICOI
- Author of 10 books in the field of Periodontics and Implant Dentistry
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024