- This event has passed.
Soft Tissue Plastic Surgery – Tissue Grafting, Root Coverage and Biopsy Techniques
January 22 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm PST$50.00 – $590.00
MasterTrack Session 3 - Day 3
Delivery: In-Person Lecture & Hands-On or Virtual Workshop
Location: Washington AGD Global Education Center
Lecture & Hands-On:
- AGD Member Dentists: $490
- + Staff: $150 per person
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $590
- + Staff: $250 per person
- UWSOD AGD Members: $99
- UWSOD Non-AGD Members: $150
Virtual Viewing Lecture Only:
- AGD Member Dentists: $199
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $299
- Staff: $175
- UWSOD AGD Members: $50
- UWSOD Non-AGD Members: $90
Subject Codes: 490 – Periodontics; 310 – Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Credit Hours: 8.0
Light breakfast, lunch, parking, all hands-on materials are provided for in-person attendees.
This 1-day course will cover a comprehensive explanation of the importance of soft tissue quality from a periodontal perspective and around dental implants. Practical learning about soft tissue grafting and root coverage techniques and methods. Covering the basic biological knowledge behind the soft tissue augmentation and the minimally invasive oral surgeries, including a brief discussion of both incisional and excisional surgical biopsy techniques of soft tissue lesions. Participants will practice advanced oral plastic surgery and soft tissue grafting procedures on pig heads during the hands-on session.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Dentists will gain a better knowledge on indications for soft tissue augmentation around natural teeth and implants.
- Learn about the available soft tissue augmentation techniques and armamentarium.
- Practicing connective tissue grafts and free gingival grafts techniques on pig jaws.
- Discussion of basic soft tissue biopsy procedures.
Dr. Alan Yassin
Implantology Program Director
Alan Alaa Yassin
DDS, MS, MSD
- Program Director, Clinical Implantology from A to Z.
- Periodontist and Oral Surgeon
- Fellow, International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Diplomate, German Board of Oral Implantology DGZI
- Affiliate Clinical Assistant Professor/University of Washington
Dr. Yassin is a dual trained dentist in both Periodontics and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
He attained his dental degree in 2001 from Aleppo University before receiving 4 years of extensive Oral and Maxillofacial training at Damascus Hospital! His specialty training in periodontology, along with his Master of Science in oral science was attained from the University of Washington in Seattle, WA.
Dr. Yassin is a Fellow of the International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and a Diplomat of the German Board of Oral Implantology DGZI. He has several publications and articles in refereed and in peer-reviewed journals; he also serves as a reviewer in many academic journals.
Dr. Yassin holds a teaching position at the University of Washington as an affiliate clinical assistant professor. He is also the Program Director and founder of the Implantology program of the Washington Academy of General Dentistry since 2018, in addition he actively lectures at national and international conferences and symposiums on the subject of implants and advanced esthetics/periodontal plastic surgery, in addition to rigorous online courses and webinars. He has a private practice limited to periodontics, oral surgery, and implant dentistry in Seattle, Washington.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024