Things We Have Learned Along the Way – Looking Back & Learning Forward
May 19 @ 8:00 am - May 20 @ 5:00 pm PDT$500.00 – $1,750.00
- AGD Member Dentists: $1,250 ($1,120 before Jan. 30th)
- Non-AGD Dentists: $1,750 ($1,400 before Jan. 30th)
- UWSOD AGD Member Dental Student: $500 ($400 before Jan. 30th)
- Non-UWSOD AGD Member Dental Student: $700 ($500 before Jan. 30th)
During this interactive program, Dr.’s Lane Ochi & Michael Melkers will guide an exploration and discussion of where we have been as a profession, where we are in our understanding and what mysteries still need to be solved in both the soft and hard skills. They will support this discussion with theory, research and with clinical application of the principles. Dr. Ochi & Melkers Dr. Melkers will take you on a guided tour of application of these principles on a variety of cases from single tooth, quadrant and full mouth, multidisciplinary care. Dr. Ochi & Melkers will also have a panel discussion to allow for questions that the attendees bring from their own frustrations, successes & clinical experience.
- Upon completion, the participant shall be able to: appreciate purpose vs process treatment planning as it applies to outcome-based treatment planning
- Learn to recognize critical parafunctional red flags and why they matter
- Appreciate the balance between function, parafunction & aesthetics
- The participant will have a thorough understanding of the benefits of patient-centered, doctor-facilitated approach to case planning and acceptance.
- Learn when, why & how phasing treatment can be done safely.
Meet Your Presenters
Lane M. Ochi
DDS, FACD, FICD
Lane M. Ochi D.D.S., F.A.C.D., F.I.C.D., graduated with honors from the University of Southern California in 1981, where he received the Robert W. Mc Nulty Memorial Award for the highest scholastic achievement. He has been elected to membership in Alpha Tau Epsilon – U.S.C. Dental School Honor Society, Phi Kappa Phi – National Society of Scholars, Omicron Kappa Upsilon – National Dental Honor Society, the Pierre Fauchard Academy – International Honor Dental Society, and he is a Fellow in the American College of Dentists and the International College of Dentists.
He is currently an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Restorative Dentistry, and was the Co-director of Occlusion at U.S.C. School of Dentistry. He is also an Assistant Director in the Advanced Restorative Institute Dental Education Center, and serves as a specialist consultant to the Graduate Prosthodontic Program at the Veterans Affairs Hospital in West Los Angeles.
He has lectured to national and international audiences on the subject of aesthetic restorative dentistry and occlusion. Dr. Ochi maintains a full time private practice in Beverly Hills with an emphasis on physiologic and aesthetic reconstructive dentistry. His patients include Academy Award winners, and some of the most recognized names in the entertainment business.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024