TMJ to Final Smile
April 6 @ 8:00 am - April 7 @ 5:00 pm PDT$1,145.00 – $1,495.00
MasterTrack Session 4 - Days 1 & 2
Delivery: In-Person Lecture & Hands-On
Presenter: Dr. Michelle Lee
Location: Washington AGD Global Education Center
Subject Codes: 210 – Orofacial Pain, 180 – Occlusion
Credit Hours: 16.0
Light breakfast, lunch, parking, all hands-on materials are provided for in-person attendees.
Lecture & Hands-On:
- AGD Member Dentists: $1,295
- Non-AGD Member Dentists: $1,495
- AGD Member Student: $1,145
Let’s make it simple and bring it all together by learning more about the Temporomandibular Joint and how we use that information to create smiles. Understanding the Temporomandibular Joint and related muscles can impact final restorative outcomes. Utilizing bite splint therapy and understanding various appliance designs can be an invaluable advantage in a more comprehensive approach to treatment planning. Starting from the TMJ evaluation to the final design of the smile can restore form, form, and esthetics through knowledge in appliance therapy, occlusion, and equilibration.
- Review of TMJ and muscle examination and anatomy
- Review of Occlusal Muscle Disharmony
- Discussion of various appliances designs and advantages/ disadvantages to appliance selection
- Focus on Principles and Design of Bite Splint therapy
- Implementation of appliance therapy in everyday dentistry
- Bridging the gap between occlusion, equilibration, and appliance therapy
- Review of cases from the treatment of the TMD to final smile
- How to communicate and collaborate with your team and patients in this process
- Applications of the Pankey Practice Philosophies
Dr. Michelle Lee is a graduate of University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine and lives in Malvern, Pennsylvania with her husband, MinSuk and two children, Victoria and Nathan. She owns a patient-centered comprehensive restorative private practice in Fleetwood, Pennsylvania treating from the TMJ to final smile. Dr. Lee started her Pankey journey in 2008 and serves on the Pankey Board of Directors, Advisory Board, Pankey Faculty, and also holds a Pankey Scholar distinction. She also teaches restorative microscope dentistry at the University of Pennsylvania Dental School and integrates microscope dentistry in her own private practice.
She is passionate about teaching, mentoring, giving back to dentistry, and has been invited to speak in various national and local education venues. Dr. Lee is grounded through her love for hiking, traveling, and practicing mindfulness with her family and values creating fulfillment in having a work-life balance.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024