Introduction to Dental Surgery Course (Online) – Presented by Karl Koerner, DDS, MS
This course will equip you with answers to:
- How do I loosen roots quickly?
- How do I preserve the buccal plate?
- What if the root structure chips away?
- Where is it acceptable to remove bone?
- What are the best instruments for extractions?
- How do I suture efficiently and effectively?
- This webinar will be available in the Washington AGD Learning Portal.
- Log in at https://washingtonagd.org/my-account/
- Click ‘My Courses’ from the Account Dashboard
Five “Must Have” Surgery Instruments – 1.0 hour
- Luxator / Periotome Bur Combination
- Alternative to the “Surgical Highspeed” When Needed
- Spear Point System
- Cogswell B / Purchase Points
Bleeding with Extractions – 1.0 hour
- Hemostatic Management, Case Studies, PT
- Case Studies, Hemostatic Agents, Dental Literature
- Case Studies, Emergency Protocols, Plavix/Pradaxa vs. Coumadin, Herbal Supplements and Bleeding
Bone Grafting for Socket Preservation – 1.0 hour
- Socket Grafts and Periosteal Release
- Failures, Healing Process, & Grafting Materials
- Ridge Augmentation & Adjunctive Bone Grafting Supplies
Multiple Extractions – Steps to Prevent Patient Pain and Other Problems – 1.0 hour
- Treatment Sequence
- Alveoplasty Procedure
Flaps and Sutures for Routine Exodontia – 0.5 hour
Extracting Single Rooted Teeth – 1.25 hour
Extracting Difficult Lower Molars – 1.25 hour
Why Do Canine Extractions Have to Be So Difficult – 0.50 hour
- Introduction and General Techniques
- Bone Removal Considerations
- Techniques for Root Tip Removal
Taking the mystery out of Sectioning Molars – .25 hour
CE Credits: 7.5 Hours
Surgical Introductory Course (Online) is the lead-in to the four-part KCSI certification program, enabling general dentists to master office dental surgery and to make it easier, more predictable and more profitable.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024
CE Credits will be issued for Verified Attendance at the WAGD/CARDP Ongoing Webinars
The Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontic is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual activities or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics designates this activity CE for the WAGD/CARDP CE Portal Webinar Series. WAGD CE, online Lecture Webinars providing 1 to 3 hours each of continuing education credits. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.