Introduction to Dental Surgery Course (Online) – Presented by Karl Koerner, DDS, MS
This course will equip you with answers to:
- How do I loosen roots quickly?
- How do I preserve the buccal plate?
- What if the root structure chips away?
- Where is it acceptable to remove bone?
- What are the best instruments for extractions?
- How do I suture efficiently and effectively?
- This webinar will be available in the Washington AGD Learning Portal.
- Log in at https://washingtonagd.org/my-account/
- Click ‘My Courses’ from the Account Dashboard
Five “Must Have” Surgery Instruments – 1.0 hour
- Luxator / Periotome Bur Combination
- Alternative to the “Surgical Highspeed” When Needed
- Spear Point System
- Cogswell B / Purchase Points
Bleeding with Extractions – 1.0 hour
- Hemostatic Management, Case Studies, PT
- Case Studies, Hemostatic Agents, Dental Literature
- Case Studies, Emergency Protocols, Plavix/Pradaxa vs. Coumadin, Herbal Supplements and Bleeding
Bone Grafting for Socket Preservation – 1.0 hour
- Socket Grafts and Periosteal Release
- Failures, Healing Process, & Grafting Materials
- Ridge Augmentation & Adjunctive Bone Grafting Supplies
Multiple Extractions – Steps to Prevent Patient Pain and Other Problems – 1.0 hour
- Treatment Sequence
- Alveoplasty Procedure
Flaps and Sutures for Routine Exodontia – 0.5 hour
Extracting Single Rooted Teeth – 1.25 hour
Extracting Difficult Lower Molars – 1.25 hour
Why Do Canine Extractions Have to Be So Difficult – 0.50 hour
- Introduction and General Techniques
- Bone Removal Considerations
- Techniques for Root Tip Removal
Taking the mystery out of Sectioning Molars – .25 hour
CE Credits: 7.5 Hours
Surgical Introductory Course (Online) is the lead-in to the four-part KCSI certification program, enabling general dentists to master office dental surgery and to make it easier, more predictable and more profitable.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024