$15.00 – $35.00
For over 25 years Dr. Edmond Truelove the former Chair of the Department of Oral Medicine, University of Washington School of Dentistry, has been leading a literature review. On the first Tuesday of October through May, Dr. Truelove selects 10 articles pulled from over 50 medical and dental journals to share with the Truelove Literature Review Study Club members. Topics range from oral medicine and dentistry to personal health and nutrition.
Each session is approximately 90 minutes in length and AGD PACE approved CE credits are issued. The target audience includes dentists, hygienists, and other staff members. We look forward to a great 2020-2021 webinar series.
CE Hours: 1.5
AGD Subject Code: 730 Oral Medicine
- Washington AGD Members: $25
- AGD Members: $30
- Non-AGD Member/Hygienists/Assistants/Health Care Providers/Others: $35
- Student AGD Members: $15
- Highlight interesting developments in dentistry and medicine.
- Give access to journal articles most dentists do not have easy access to.
- Provide guidance on critical evaluation of current research and scientific advancements.
- Risk of dementia in patients with periodontitis and related protective factors: a nationwide retrospective cohort study. J of Clin Perio 2020;47:1428-1436
- Relationship between step counts and cerebral small vessel disease. Stroke 2020;51:3584-3591
- Effect of orally administered magnesium on postoperative pain level and trismus after surgical removal of the lower third molars: a RCT. Clin Oral Invest. 2020;24:4649 – 4659
- Incidence of COVID-19 virus transmission in three dental offices: a 6-month retrospective study. J perio Restor Dent 2020;40:853-859
- Evaluation of cognitive performance following fish-oil and curcumin supplementation in meddle aged and older adults with overweight or obesity. J of Nutrition 2020;150:3190-3199
- Does chlorhexidine prevent complication in extractive, periodontal, and implant surgery? Systematic review and meta-analysis with trial sequential analysis. Internat J of oral maxillofacial implants 2020;35:1149-1158
- Infection as a cardiovascular trigger: associations between different organs system infection and cardiovascular events. Amer J of Medicine 2020;133:1437-1443
- The effect of pre-anesthesia with a needle-free system versus topical anesthesia on injection pain of the inferior alveolar nerve block: a RCT. Clin Oral Investigations 2020;24:4355 – 4361
- Mental distress among U.S adults during the Covid-19 pandemic. J of Clinical Psych 2020;76:2170-2182
- Effectiveness of intracanal cryotherapy in root canal therapy. Systematic review and meta-analysis of RCTs. J of Endo 2020;46:1811-1823
Online Course Access:
This virtual meeting is available in the Washington AGD Learning Portal.
- Log in at https://washingtonagd.org/my-account/
- Click ‘My Courses’ from the Account Dashboard
730 Oral Medicine
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024