$15.00 – $35.00
For over 25 years Dr. Edmond Truelove the former Chair of the Department of Oral Medicine, University of Washington School of Dentistry, has been leading a literature review. On the first Tuesday of October through May, Dr. Truelove selects 10 articles pulled from over 50 medical and dental journals to share with the Truelove Literature Review Study Club members. Topics range from oral medicine and dentistry to personal health and nutrition.
Each session is approximately 90 minutes in length and AGD PACE approved CE credits are issued. The target audience includes dentists, hygienists, and other staff members. We look forward to a great 2020-2021 webinar series.
CE Hours: 1.5
AGD Subject Code: 730 Oral Medicine
- Washington AGD Members: $25
- AGD Members: $30
- Non-AGD Member/Hygienists/Assistants/Health Care Providers/Others: $35
- Student AGD Members: $15
- Highlight interesting developments in dentistry and medicine.
- Give access to journal articles most dentists do not have easy access to.
- Provide guidance on critical evaluation of current research and scientific advancements.
- Indoor tanning exposure in association with multiple primary melanoma. Cancer 2021;127:560-68
- Effect of preoperative oral administration of steroids in comparison to an anti-inflammatory drug on postoperative pain following single visit root canal treatment. Internat endodontic J 2021;54:198-209
- Daily coffee drinking is associated with lower risks of cardiovascular and total mortality in a general Italian population. J of nutrition 2021;feb:395-405
- Silver diamine fluoride treatment of active root caries lesion in older adults; a case series. J of Dentistry 2021;105:103561
- Susceptibility to SARS-CoV-2 infection among children and adolescents compared with adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA peds 2021;175(2):143-156
- The association between carotid calcium on dental panoramic radiographs and coronary calcium score on chest Computerized tomography. Dentomaxillofacial Rad. 2021;50;1-8
- Injury rates per mile of travel for electric scooters versus motor vehicles. Amer J of Emer Med. 2021;40:166-168
- Berberine suppresses bone loss and inflammation in ligature-induced periodontitis through promotion of the G protein-coupled estrogen receptor-mediated inactivation of p38MAPK/NF-kB path… A Oral Bio 2021;122:104992
- Dietary leucine requirement of older men and women is higher than current recommendations. Amer J of Clin Nut 2021;113:410-419
- Tacrolimus 0.03% ointment treatment in exfoliative cheilitis: a randomized controlled clinical trial & monitoring blood concentration. J Oral Path & Medicine 2021;50:251-259
Online Course Access:
This virtual meeting is available in the Washington AGD Learning Portal.
- Log in at https://washingtonagd.org/my-account/
- Click ‘My Courses’ from the Account Dashboard
730 Oral Medicine
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024
CE Credits will be issued for Verified Attendance at the WAGD/CARDP Ongoing Webinars
The Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontic is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual activities or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics designates this activity CE for the WAGD/CARDP CE Portal Webinar Series. WAGD CE, online Lecture Webinars providing 1 to 3 hours each of continuing education credits. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.