$15.00 – $35.00
For over 25 years Dr. Edmond Truelove the former Chair of the Department of Oral Medicine, University of Washington School of Dentistry, has been leading a literature review. On the first Tuesday of October through May, Dr. Truelove selects 10 articles pulled from over 50 medical and dental journals to share with the Truelove Literature Review Study Club members. Topics range from oral medicine and dentistry to personal health and nutrition.
Each session is approximately 90 minutes in length and AGD PACE approved CE credits are issued. The target audience includes dentists, hygienists, and other staff members. We look forward to a great 2020-2021 webinar series.
CE Hours: 1.5
AGD Subject Code: 730 Oral Medicine
- Washington AGD Members: $25
- AGD Members: $30
- Non-AGD Member/Hygienists/Assistants/Health Care Providers/Others: $35
- Student AGD Members: $15
- Highlight interesting developments in dentistry and medicine.
- Give access to journal articles most dentists do not have easy access to.
- Provide guidance on critical evaluation of current research and scientific advancements.
- Additively protective effects of vitamin D and calcium against colorectal adenoma incidence, malignant transformation and progression: systematic review and meta-analysis. Clin Nut 2020;39:2525-38
- Evaluation of effect of warm local anesthetics on pain perception during dental injection in children: a split mouth randomized clinical trial. Clin Oral Invest. 2020;24:2315-19
- SARS-CoV-2 detection, viral load and infectivity over the course of an infection. J of Infect. 2020;81:357-371
- Increased opioid prescription fills after dental procedures performed before weekends and holidays. JADA 2020;151:388-98
- Fiber consumption and breast cancer incidence: systematic review & meta-analysis of prospective studies: Cancer 2020;126:3061-75
- Preoperative oral pregabalin for anxiety control: a systematic review. Clini Oral Invest 2020;24:2219-28
- Risk of ankylosing spondylitis following human papilloma virus infection: a nationwide population based cohort study. J of autoimmunity 2020;113:102482
- Success rate of oral appliances based on multiple criteria according to obstructive sleep apnea severity BMI and age: multicenter study. Oral Rehabilitation 2020;47:1178-83
- Whole grain and dietary fiber intake and risk of colorectal cancer in the NIH-AARP diet and health study cohort. Am J Clin Nut 2020;112:603-12
- The current epidemic of HPV associated oropharyngeal cancer: an 18 year Danish population based study with 2,169 patients. European J of Cancer 2020;134:52-59
- Hypochlorus acid: a Review. J oralmaxillofac surg. 2020;78:1461-66
- Association between sleep and severe periodontitis in a nationally representative adult US population. J perio 2020;91:767-774
Virtual Meeting Access:
This virtual meeting is available in the Washington AGD Learning Portal.
- Log in at https://washingtonagd.org/my-account/
- Click ‘My Courses’ from the Account Dashboard
730 Oral Medicine
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024