$15.00 – $35.00
For over 25 years Dr. Edmond Truelove the former Chair of the Department of Oral Medicine, University of Washington School of Dentistry, has been leading a literature review. On the first Tuesday of October through May, Dr. Truelove selects 10 articles pulled from over 50 medical and dental journals to share with the Truelove Literature Review Study Club members. Topics range from oral medicine and dentistry to personal health and nutrition.
Each session is approximately 90 minutes in length and AGD PACE approved CE credits are issued. The target audience includes dentists, hygienists, and other staff members. We look forward to a great 2020-2021 webinar series.
CE Hours: 1.5
AGD Subject Code: 730 Oral Medicine
- Washington AGD Members: $25
- AGD Members: $30
- Non-AGD Member/Hygienists/Assistants/Health Care Providers/Others: $35
- Student AGD Members: $15
- Highlight interesting developments in dentistry and medicine.
- Give access to journal articles most dentists do not have easy access to.
- Provide guidance on critical evaluation of current research and scientific advancements.
- A clinical study measuring dental aerosols with and without a high volume extraction device. Brit. Dent. J. 2020;11:12
- Vitamin C as prophylaxis and adjunctive medical treatment for Covid-19. Nutrition 2020;79-80:110948
- Candida and dental caries in children, adolescents, and adults: systematic review and meta-analysis. Arch Oral Bio 2020;119:104876
- Low dose aspirin and risk of gastric and esophageal cancer: population based study….. Internat. Cancer J. 2020;147:2394-2404
- Lack of clinical benefit of implantoplasty to improve implant survival rate. J. Dent. Res. 2020;99:1348-1355
- Cohort study to evaluate the effect of vitamin D magnesium and Vitamin B12 in combination on progression to severe outcomes in order patients with coronavirus(Covid-19). Nutrition 2020;79-80;111017
- Removal of dental amalgam restorations in patients with health complaints attributed to amalgam: a prospective cohort study. Oral Rehab. 2020;47:1422-34
- Total and added sugar intakes, sugar types, and cancer risk: results from the prospective NutriNet-Sante cohort. Am J Cl Nut. 2020;112;1267-79
- Smell and taste in titanium and nickel allergic sensitization in orthodontic patients. Orthodontics and Craniofacial research. 2020;23:517-22
- Prospective study in 355 patients with suspected Covid-19 infection: value of cough, Hyposmia, hypogeusia. Laryngoscope. 2020
Virtual Meeting Access:
This virtual meeting is available in the Washington AGD Learning Portal.
- Log in at https://washingtonagd.org/my-account/
- Click ‘My Courses’ from the Account Dashboard
730 Oral Medicine
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The Washington AGD is a Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit. Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement. AGD-Washington, Nationally Approved From 6/1/2018 - 5/31/2024
CE Credits will be issued for Verified Attendance at the WAGD/CARDP Ongoing Webinars
The Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontic is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual activities or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. The Canadian Academy of Restorative Dentistry and Prosthodontics designates this activity CE for the WAGD/CARDP CE Portal Webinar Series. WAGD CE, online Lecture Webinars providing 1 to 3 hours each of continuing education credits. Concerns or complaints about a CE provider may be directed to the provider or to the Commission for Continuing Education Provider Recognition at ADA.org/CERP.